• Right To But Purchase

    By Guest on 10th Jul 2014

    My mother has activated their right to buy (council property)
    She is unemployed so getting a mortgage is close impossible for her. I wish to step in and help her secure the purchase of this property. My name is not on the right to buy letter, how can I arrange a mortgage where I will be the financial backer and my mother the owner?

  • 1 Answers

    By Guest on 19/07/2014


    The short answer is, you can't. To get a mortgage you will need to be a joint owner and unless you are a co-tenant you can't be. If you have another property which you could mortgage to raise the funds then you could gift the proceeds to your mother to fund the purchase.

    Best regards


  • Post Your Answer

  • Do you want to be informed of further comments / replies? Yes No

Ask a Question