• Purchase Part Garden Of Adjoining Property

    By Guest on 13th Feb 2015

    Can I prepare conveyance deed myself and also register?

  • 1 Answers

    By Guest on 14/02/2015


    You can provided the neighbour's land isn't mortgaged. If it is he or she will need to get the lender to release its charge from the part of the land in question. The lender isn't obliged to agree and will insist on a solicitor being appointed. The other thing to note is that if the value of the land is £6000 or more (if you believe it is less you may have to prove this to the Land Registry) then you and the neighbour will have to visit a solicitor to have an ID1 form signed as evidence of identity. The solicitor will presumably charge a small fee.

  • Post Your Answer

  • Do you want to be informed of further comments / replies? Yes No

Ask a Question