• Buying Property

    By george burns on 27th Nov 2013

    what legal docs do i need to buy property from executor with no mortgage

  • 1 Answers

    By Guest on 15/12/2013


    This is quite a wide question however you will need the following:

    * Contract (usually produced by the seller)
    * TR1 (usually produced by the buyer)
    * Property Information From completed by the seller (useful but not essential)
    * Fixtures, Fittings and Contents Form completed by the seller (useful but not essential)
    * Grant of Probate in favour of the Executor
    * Death certificates for any owner who has died prior to the death f the last surviving owner

    In order to register your ownership following completion you will need:

    * Form AP1 (if the seller's title is registered) or;
    * Forms FR1 and DL (if the seller's title is unregistered)
    * Form ID1 as evidence of your identity which you must take to a solicitor or licensed conveyance for them to complete and sign. You will also need an ID1 form completed on behalf of the seller if the seller is not represented by a lawyer.

    This list is in no way intended to be exhaustive but will hopefully prove useful.


  • Post Your Answer

  • Do you want to be informed of further comments / replies? Yes No

Ask a Question