• Transfer Of Equity As Gift

    By Guest on 13th Mar 2015

    My parents jointly own a house (no mortgage) and would like to gift it to me and my husband, (full transfer the equity), and remove themselves from it. Is there any issues I should be aware of? Can I use a DIY kit? What is your advice re potential problems?

  • 1 Answers

    By Guest on 17/03/2015

    This should be fairly straightforward and you could use a transfer of equity kit. You will need to have yours and your parents' ID certified by a solicitor using form ID1. You should check he register of title for any Restrictions (found in the Proprietorship Register and Registered Charges (found in the Charges Register). This assumes the property is already registered with Land Registry. If not then it is much more complicated.

  • Post Your Answer

  • Do you want to be informed of further comments / replies? Yes No

Ask a Question