• Indemnity Insurance 2

    By Guest on 26th Sep 2014

    do i need indemnity insurance on a wood burner installed prior to purchasing property i am now selling

  • 1 Answers

    By Guest on 07/12/2014


    It depends when it was installed. This issue is that a wood burner now needs to comply with building regulations. I think the date that the obligation was introduced was 1st April 2002 (but you should check this). So if you cannot confirm it was installed prior to this date and you don't have a building regulations compliance certificate then yes you will need to provide indemnity. The fact you didn't install it is irrelevant - the liability attaches to the property.

  • Post Your Answer

  • Do you want to be informed of further comments / replies? Yes No

Ask a Question