• Partner On Deeds

    By Guest on 26th Jan 2016

    My partner is looking to put my name on the deeds of his house. How do we go about doing this please and any cost associated with this. Does my name have to go on the mortgage of the property as well?

  • 1 Answers

    By Guest on 27/01/2016


    The transaction would be called a transfer of equity. If there is a mortgage on the property currently then anyone going on the deeds will also have to go on the mortgage.

    If you plan on changing lenders or borrowing more then this will be a transfer of equity and re-mortgage. As there is an additional re-mortgage element this in turn means additional work and therefore additional fees.

    You can use this site to get a quote for our services relating to either or both transactions.


    I hope that this helps!



  • Post Your Answer

  • Do you want to be informed of further comments / replies? Yes No

Ask a Question