• Gifting A Property

    By Guest on 07th Jan 2015

    What needs to be done to receive a property as a gift

  • 1 Answers

    By Guest on 08/01/2015

    The owner needs to sign a transfer deed (TR1) in favour of the recipient of the gift. Any mortgages on the property will need to be repaid and discharges issued by the lender before it can be registered. If either donor or donee is not represented by a solicitor then the I represented party will need to provide form ID1 which needs to be signed by a solicitor or licensed conveyancer. You may find our transfer of equity kit (which despite its name is suitable for gifts of mortgage free property) useful. You can purchase it here

  • Post Your Answer

  • Do you want to be informed of further comments / replies? Yes No

Ask a Question