• Title Deeds & Residency

    By Guest on 09th Feb 2016

    Hi, myself and my husband live with my father in law in his house and have done for the last 18 years. We now want to have both our names added onto the title deeds - is this something we can do through Land Registry or do we have to go through a conveyancing solicitor? The house is in need of refurbishment and updating and we would like to get a remortgage (there is currently no mortgage as it has been paid off) and the house is worth approximately £400k. Please can you advise me of anything that we need to be aware of.

  • 1 Answers

    By Guest on 23/02/2016

    You will need to instruct a solicitor as the new lender will insist on this. It may also insist that your father in law is either removed from the deeds or that he joins in the mortgage. This is because they will need to be able to repossess the property and evict him if you default on the mortgage payments

  • Post Your Answer

  • Do you want to be informed of further comments / replies? Yes No

Ask a Question