• Building Regulations

    By Guest on 11th Feb 2016

    our purchasers solicitors are saying that we need to provide building regulations for our property which is more than 20 years old as the purchaser who are paying cash for the property will not be able to sell it at a later date to someone who requires a mortgage

  • 1 Answers

    By Guest on 21/02/2016

    Most conveyancers would agree that going back 20 years for building regs is overkill. If the buyer's search reveals that building regs approval was obtained then you should be able to get a copy from the council fairly easily. Otherwise you might want to offer an indemnity policy for lack of building regs just to move the sale on. It will probably cost you around £50 -£100. Your conveyancer can arrange it for you.

  • Post Your Answer

  • Do you want to be informed of further comments / replies? Yes No

Ask a Question