• Change To Share Of Ownership (reducing Share Rather Than Removing Entirely)

    By Guest on 30th Dec 2015

    I have 2 properties which I bought with previous partner (still mortgaged)
    I separated from this partner over 10 years ago and have been paying the mortgages by myself - he has not contributed anything to the mortgages for last few years.
    I can't take him off the mortgages as even though I have been making the payments, technically don't have affordability. So they won't remove his name, but I want to protect my interest in the properties. He has said he will be happy to sign papers to waive any claim but I don't know how to do this if I can't change the mortgage.
    Can we change the deeds from joint tenants to tenants in common with a 99:1 share?

  • No answers has been posted yet!

  • Post Your Answer

  • Do you want to be informed of further comments / replies? Yes No

Ask a Question